We are excited to be able to offer our customers the very best raw honey sourced from the local farms in Virginia. Starting this weekend, we will carry delicious raw, unfiltered honey from Golden Angels Apiary located in Singers Glen, VA. Here’re the types of honey that you will find at Reston Farm Market:
- Thistle Rose Wildflower Sourwood RAW Honey (16 oz)
- Thistle Wildflower RAW Honey (44 oz)
- Thistle Clover Orange Wildflower Minimal Process Honey (16 oz)
- Thistle Wildflower Minimal Process Honey (32 oz)
What’s so special about the honey from Golden Angels Apiary? Golden Angels Apiary, VA specializes in raw honey and is one of the most well-regarded apiaries in Virginia. They do not filter their honey. What makes their products so special is their utmost respect for the bees and the environment. Environmentally conscious and ethical work processes:
- Golden Angels Apiary do not use chemicals to remove the bees from the honeycombs at the time of the harvest. Instead, the bees are carefully handled using the natural methods that do not harm the bees nor the purity of the honey;
- Wax moth damage is controlled utilizing a large freezer unit, rather than chemical means;
- Parasitic mite control is handled by vinegar vaporization, smaller foundation cell sizing, and essential oil treatments.
The health benefits of raw honey Raw honey is both delicious and healthy. It contains nutrients and enzymes that have a variety of health benefits and has been used in natural medicine for ages. Some of the benefits of raw honey include:
- Cold remedy – raw honey helps to soothe a sore throat and works as a cough suppressant; try adding it to hot tea with lemon if you have a cold;
- Natural antiseptic – raw honey has antibacterial and antifungal properties; it can kill unwanted bacteria and fungus;
- Great source of antioxidants – raw honey contains antioxidants that help to protect your body from cell damage.
Did we mention it’s delicious, too? Try some organic peanut butter mixed with raw honey on a pair of healthy crackers, and you will know what we mean. Stop by the Reston Farm Market this weekend and get some delicious Golden Angels raw honey to sweeten your day!