Espoma Organic Land and Sea Gourmet Compost, 1cf Bag
Espoma Organic Land & Sea Gourmet Compost is a special blend of the finest ingredients available. It combines peat and humus from the land plus crab and lobster shells from the sea to create a high quality finished compost.
- Use on flowers, vegetables, trees and shrubs
How much to use?
- Area 24 sq ft: 2″ depth 4 Bags • 3″ depth 6 Bags
- Area 48 sq ft: 2″ depth 8 Bags • 3″ depth 12 Bags
- Area 72 sq ft: 2″ depth 12 Bags • 3″ depth 18 Bags
- Area 96 sq ft: 2″ depth 16 Bags • 3″ depth 24 Bags
👇 Click description tab for instructions on how to use.
How to use:
- New Garden Beds
- Add 2 to 3 inches of Espoma® Organic Land & Sea Gourmet Compost to your garden area. (See chart below.)
- Add the appropriate amount of Bio-tone® Starter Plus for the area.
- Mix or rototill compost with the existing soil to a depth of 4-6 inches. Mix soil well. Level with rake.
- Plant seeds or live plants following package directions or tag instructions.
- Water thoroughly after planting, then daily as needed until plants are established.
- Begin a regular fertilizer program 30 days after planting with the appropriate Espoma Tone Plant Food.
- Planting Trees & Shrubs
- Dig a hole as deep as the root ball and twice as wide.
- Place the plant in the hole so that it is sitting at or above the same depth that it was previously growing (Use soil mark on trunk as a guide).
- Add Espoma® Organic Land & Sea Gourmet Compost to the native soil so that the soil to backfill the hole is equal parts native soil and compost.
- Add the appropriate amount of Bio-tone® Starter Plus.
- Fill the hole with amended soil. Pack firmly, soak it with water and allow to settle. Add additional soil if needed.