As gardeners, we know that making sure our soil is healthy and filled with the right nutrients is one of the most important things we can do. After all, we want our flowers, plants, shrubs and veggies to thrive on this planet!
That’s why we love Espoma’s line of organic fertilizers, compost and soils. Here are a few of our gardener’s favorite organic fertilizers to get you started…
Espoma® Organic Bio-tone® Starter Plus
The Ultimate Starter Plant Food
🌱 Grows larger root mass to help plants establish fast
🌱 Reduces transplant loss
🌱 Promotes bigger blooms
🌱 Microbe-enhanced, all-natural organic fertilizer with no sludges or fillers
When to use:
- Use at time of planting to help produce large root systems very quickly. This will help ensure that new plantings get maximum water and nutrients from the soil to minimize transplant loss.
Espoma Organic Holly-tone
Natural & Organic Fertilizer for All Acid-loving Plants
🌸 The #1 choice for feeding hollies, azaleas, camellias, evergreens, dogwoods, rhododendrons and more!
🌸 Get more blooms with more vibrant color
🌸 Grow larger plants with deeper green color
🌸 Long-lasting, slow-release feeding with our exclusive Bio-tone microbes
When to use:
- Feed in the spring and late fall at half the spring rate.
- Blooming evergreens like azaleas and rhododendron are best fed in the spring at the first hint of bloom color.
- Berry crops should be fed twice; early spring and late spring (45-60 days apart).
- Never apply fertilizer to frozen soils.
Espoma® Organic Garden-tone®
Natural & Organic Fertilizer for an Abundant Harvest
🍅 Grow delicious cool- and warm-season vegetables like lettuce, kale, tomatoes, peppers and squash
🍅 Use for herbs like basil, chives, sage, rosemary, parsley and oregano
🍅 Long-lasting, slow-release feeding with our exclusive Bio-tone microbes
🍅 Grow an abundant harvest of nutritious and flavorful vegetables
🍅 100% natural and organic ingredients with no fillers or sludges
When to use:
- Mix into the garden soil prior to planting.
- Seedlings / Transplants: 7 – 10 days after planting.
- Established plants: Monthly, May through Aug.
- Herbs will only require feeding at time of planting or after a large harvest.
Keep your garden, your plants and our planet happy with organic gardening. Stop by the Reston Farm Garden Market to find a full line of Espoma products, as well as a huge selection of annuals, perennials, herbs, veggies and shrubs.